The interface with Caterease supports a 1-Way integration, via an export of sales files from Caterease of .txt files.
The sales files from Caterease can be generated for any date and time range. Currently we do not export item data to Caterease.
The import of item files from Yellow Dog Inventory, and the export of sales files must be manually created and generated by the user.
Yellow Dog's sync can be scheduled to run at any interval, but the availability of sales files for import and the actual item update in Caterease are both reliant on when the user runs the Caterease export/import processes.
Yellow Dog will need the ItemIDs from Caterease to match the Item SKU, and SKUs must be 8 digits or less.
Note: There is no specific RVC designated in the sales files or the item files.
Below are the corresponding fields for Sales imports and Item exports between Caterease and Yellow Dog Inventory. Before running a full sync, you must make sure that any SKU's match Caterease Item ID's.
Exporting Item Data
Importing Sales Data
Before running a full sync, the user must ensure that any SKUs match Caterease ItemID's. When pulling sales, the user must select the store to which they are assigning sales. When pulling sales, only one store can be checked in the Stores tab. The sync will push all active/non-deleted items that have had updates in the past 24 hours.
- Only a single item code (SKU) is exported per item, per Caterease's file spec.
- SKU is limited to 8 digits, per Caterease's file spec.
- Caterease does not provide checkclosed times, so hourly sales reports will not be possible.
- Caterease does not provide discount data.
- Caterease does not provide any kind of employee data.
- Caterease does not provide any location data.
- There is currently no support for Returns or Voids, based on the data being exported by Caterease.
- Yellow Dog does not push inactive/removed items.