Shopify Web Shopping Cart Interface
With our Shopify sync, Yellow Dog Inventory pulls sales data from and pushes on hand counts to Shopify using Shopify's API.
This sync can be scheduled to run at almost any interval, although by default, it will be run at the top of every hour during business hours.
Back Office Setup Requirements
Shopify must be set up as detailed below:
- Go to http://www.shopify.com/?ref=yellow-dog-software.
- Create a new account.
If starting from scratch:
- Go to https://app.shopify.com/services/partners.
- Log in.
- Click Dev Shops tab.
- Click "Create a new Dev Shop" in upper right-hand corner.
- Fill in information.
- Spaces will be replaced by dashes in the URL (http://tiny-turtle-crystal-acres.myshopify.com).
After store exists:
- Click Apps -> "private API keys" (at bottom)
- Click "Generate a new Private Key". Call it SyncYdiWithShopify.
- Launch SyncYdiWithShopify.exe.
- Configure SyncYdiWithShopify.exe.
SyncYdiWithShopify.exe is the scheduled application that syncs data between YDI and Shopify.
Exporting Item Data
SyncYdiWithShopify can be used to push the following item details:
- Current On Hand (When Push On Hands is enabled)
- Web Properties: Short Description or Item Description
- Web Properties: Extended Description
- Picture (Up to 3)
- Level 1
- Retail Price
- UPC (limit 1)
- Taxable setting
- Shopify Inventory Policy
- Item Weight
- Product Types
Importing Sales Data
The following transaction data is pulled into Yellow Dog Inventory once the order has been fulfilled in Shopify:
- Shopify's created_at date
- Shopify's order_number
- Shopify's id (transaction line number)
- Item Description
- Item Retail
- Item Discount
- Discount Description
- Taxes - as of sync v362, we are able to support multiple taxes per line item
- Tenders - as of sync v362, we are able to support multiple tenders; the total of tender values per transaction will equal the total amount paid by the customer, including shipping, taxes, and discounts
- Shipping charges - pulled in as line items
Please note that only fulfilled orders will sync to Yellow Dog.