Shopify 2 Way Interface
With our Shopify sync, Yellow Dog Inventory pulls sales data from and pushes on hand counts as well as new and changed item data to Shopify using Shopify's API.
This sync can be scheduled to run at almost any interval, although by default, it will be run at the top of every hour during business hours.
Yellow Dog Requirements
In order to use this sync to push item details, Yellow Dog requires a list of any current Shopify items and their details, including
- Descriptions (Short and Extended)
- Product Types
- Shipping Weights
- Tax settings
In order to use this sync to pull sales and push on hands only, Yellow Dog requires a list of any current Shopify items and their SKUs.
Back Office Setup Requirements
Shopify must be set up as detailed below:
- Go to http://www.shopify.com/?ref=yellow-dog-software.
- Create a new account.
If starting from scratch:
- Go to https://app.shopify.com/services/partners.
- Log in.
- Click Dev Shops tab.
- Click "Create a new Dev Shop" in upper right-hand corner.
- Fill in information.
- Spaces will be replaced by dashes in the URL (http://tiny-turtle-crystal-acres.myshopify.com).
After store exists:
- Click Apps -> "private API keys" (at bottom)
- Click "Generate a new Private Key". Call it SyncYdiWithShopify.
- Launch SyncYdiWithShopify.exe.
- Configure SyncYdiWithShopify.exe.
The Shopify sync can be run from any location with access to the Shopify API and .Net 4.6.2 installed.
SyncYdiWithShopify.exe is the scheduled application that syncs data between YDI and Shopify.
Exporting Item Data
SyncYdiWithShopify can be used to push the following item details:
|Shopify Field||Yellow Dog Field|
|Title||Matrix Description, Web Properties Short Description, or Item Description|
|Description||Web Properties Extended Description|
|Product Type||Generic Level A|
|Collections||Generic Code A-G|
|Tags||Matrix Notes or Item Notes|
|Vendor||Vendor 1 Description|
|Product Variant Options||Dimensions 1-3|
|Barcode (limit 1)||UPC1, else SKU|
|Tax Option||Web Properties: Taxable|
|Inventory Policy||Push On Hands sync configuration|
|Quantity||Current On Hand|
|Pictures||Images (up to 3 per item)|
Importing Sales Data
The following transaction data is pulled into Yellow Dog Inventory once the order has been fulfilled in Shopify:
- created_at (date/time)
- order_number (transaction number)
- id (transaction line number)
- title (item description)
- price (item retail)
- discount_codes (discount description)
- total_discounts (item discount)
- taxes (as of sync v362, we are able to support multiple taxes per line item)
- tenders (as of sync v362, we are able to support multiple tenders; the total of tender values per transaction will equal the total amount paid by the customer, including shipping, taxes, and discounts)
- shipping charges (these appear as line item in Yellow Dog)
Importing Code Data
The following Shopify codes are pulled into Yellow Dog in order to populate our interface dropdowns, which can then be set per Store, Level, or Item:
- Product Types
Please note that only fulfilled orders, or the fulfilled items from partially fulfilled orders will sync to Yellow Dog.