Shopify Web Shopping Cart Interface
With our Shopify sync, Yellow Dog Inventory pulls sales data from and pushes on hand counts to Shopify using Shopify's API.
This sync can be scheduled to run at almost any interval, although by default, it will be run at the top of every hour during business hours.
Back Office Setup Requirements
Shopify must be set up as detailed below:
- Go to http://www.shopify.com/?ref=yellow-dog-software.
- Create a new account.
If starting from scratch:
- Go to https://app.shopify.com/services/partners.
- Log in.
- Click Dev Shops tab.
- Click "Create a new Dev Shop" in upper right-hand corner.
- Fill in information.
- Spaces will be replaced by dashes in the URL (http://tiny-turtle-crystal-acres.myshopify.com).
After store exists:
- Click Apps -> "private API keys" (at bottom)
- Click "Generate a new Private Key". Call it SyncYdiWithShopify.
- Launch SyncYdiWithShopify.exe.
- Configure SyncYdiWithShopify.exe.
SyncYdiWithShopify.exe is the scheduled application that syncs data between YDI and Shopify.
Exporting Item Data
SyncYdiWithShopify can be used to push the following item details:
- Current On Hand (When Push On Hands is enabled)
- Web Properties: Short Description or Item Description
- Web Properties: Extended Description
- Picture (Up to 3)
- Level 1
- Retail Price
- UPC (limit 1)
- Taxable setting
- Shopify Inventory Policy
Importing Sales Data
The following transaction data is pulled into Yellow Dog Inventory once the order has been fulfilled in Shopify:
- created_at (date/time)
- title (item description)
- gateway (no detail information)
- customer (just first_name and last_name)
- client details (just browser_ip and user_agent)
- taxes - per line item; does not include taxes on Shipping
- tenders - total of tender values per transaction will equal the total amount paid by the customer, including shipping, taxes, and discounts.
Please note that only fulfilled orders will sync to Yellow Dog.