The interface with Concept supports a 2-way integration. The 2-way interface is required for retail inventory needs.
There are two elements involved in the interface:
- Yellow Dog Software Sync Application
- Concept Import/Export Process
Yellow Dog Software sync application generates a file on a scheduled basis for any new or changed items and places it in an agreed upon ftp location. The sync will also check for any new code and/or sales files from Concept and process them to update codes and reduce inventory/update sales data.
Concept has their process check for new files on a frequency set by the end client. If a file exists, Concept will process it and add or update items to the Concept POS.
The Yellow Dog and Concept sync applications can be run on demand and at any frequency. Our recommendation is to have the Yellow Dog sync run every 60 minutes.
Yellow Dog will need the following for Concept:
- Starting number range for new item numbers (Concept requires an 8-digit number)
- A complete list of Revenue Center (Warehouse) numbers and names
All data on pre-existing Concept items to include:
- Warehouse, Name
- Search Group
- Sales Price 1
- Discount Condition
- Tax, Unit
- Control Stock
- Situation, UPC
- Sale Group
Yellow Dog Version 362
An agreed upon FTP location accessible by both sides will need to be created.
Yellow Dog's sync application can run from any computer that can access the designated FTP folder and has .Net 4.6.2 installed.
All Revenue Centers must be set.
Concept is responsible for all setup, configuration, and scheduling of their import/export process.
Concept requires their API V.204.
Exporting Item Data
Yellow Dog exports the following item data to Concept:
|Concept Field Name||Yellow Dog Field|
|Number (8 Digits)||Item Number|
|Search Group||Concept Search Group|
|Sales Price 1||Retail 1|
|Discount Condition||Concept Discount|
|VAT Inc 1||Concept Tax|
|Quantity Stock||On Hand|
|Control Stock||Count/No Count status|
|Barcode (no limit)||UPCs, else SKU|
|Sale Group||Concept Sale Group|
Importing Sales Data
Yellow Dog receives the following:
- Revenue Center
- Transaction Number
- Check Closed DateTime
- Employee ID
- Item Number
- Retail Price
Importing Code Data
Concept provides separate files for their codes:
- Warehouse (Revenue Center)
- Sales Group
- Search Group
Each of the two elements will be implemented separately by Yellow Dog and Concept.
Each side will support their portion of the interface.
1. Concept will only support an 8-digit Item Number. Yellow Dog Inventory will require all Item Number to be 8 digits. Note: Item Number is an internal identification number that is used to send/link sales from Concept. The Yellow Dog SKU is a separate number and does not have any numbering limitations.
2. Yellow Dog can push ALL UPC codes to Concept. If an item does not have ANY UPC codes, we will send the Yellow Dog SKU. If an item has any UPC codes, we will NOT send the SKU. Any bar codes that are printed from Yellow Dog need to respect the above rules.
3. New or changed items only appear in Concept after their Import/Export Process is ran.