Yellow Dog Inventory System Requirements
SQL Server - Minimum System Requirements
- 2.4ghz Dual Core Processor
- 4gb of Memory
- 25gb of Storage
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 10 Professional
- SQL Server 2016 SP1
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
- All servers must have .NET Framework 4.6.2 to allow for all features of Yellow Dog Inventory.
SQL Server - Recommended System Requirements
- 2.8ghz Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron
- 16gb of Registered ECC Memory
- 100gb of Redundant Storage
- Windows Server 2016 or higher
- SQL Server 2016 SP1 or higher
- .NET Framework 4.6.2
- Yellow Dog Inventory recommends at least 100gb of space to allow for database growth and backups. Backups follow the location set during SQL installation.
Storage Space is reliant on the size of the database. There must be sufficient storage on the self-hosted server to allow for 7 days of database backup and the database itself. This size requirement will vary with the size of the database and can be established during implementation.
SQL Server configuration
- If SQL Server is not already installed, we will be happy to install it for you.
- SQL Server must be configured for mixed-mode security. For the initial install, Yellow Dog Inventory will need admin rights to the database server. After the installation, Yellow Dog Inventory will connect using a database-specific SQL login.
- We prefer SQL to use Windows Authentication. If you do not use this, we will need the login and password for the SQL SA account.
We will need the following information to install SQL on the server.:
- Administrator rights for installation.
- Database specific Windows login and password after the installation.
- The Hostname of the server.
Microsoft SQL Links
Sharing A Database Server
Yellow Dog Inventory creates only a single SQL Database. As such, this database can be installed on a previously existing server with SQL, and can often be created on a server housing other databases as long as the existing server meets our minimum requirements. Some scenarios are:
- For Micros 3700, we can set up SQL Server to run in parallel to Sybase. This requires more resources from the server. See also Micros 3700 Requirements.
Additional Settings Requirements by Yellow Dog
The client does not have any specific requirements beyond those required by the Windows operating system.
- Yellow Dog Inventory clients must be able to communicate to the SQL Server across your network through the port determined during initial installation. Please ensure that this is not blocked by your firewall. We recommend using a non-standard port number for any public facing installation.
- Yellow Dog may be installed into a virtual environment with the above specifications.
For most installs and support, we need to have the ability to access the SQL Database server remotely. We typically have two methods of connectivity:
- Client-granted access via a remote access tool.
- Unattended access.
Our default tool for both methods is Teamviewer 13. For client-granted access, a local contact will need to be present to establish the initial connection. For unattended access without TeamViewer, a VPN or other direct access will need to be provided to Yellow Dog Software.
We can also utilize Remote Desktop if a firewall port is opened, or if we have access to another VPN (such as Cisco or Sonic Wall).