Setting up EDI for existing Vendors
YDI Supports the following vendors' EDI imports/exports. EDI development is a continuous process at Yellow Dog Software. Features are implemented as needed. Please contact Yellow Dog Inventory to request new vendors or new features with existing vendors.
Below is a list of our current capabilities with the following vendors.
Most EDI syncs are one-way. Data is published by the vendor.
- Determine which document types the vendor supports and that the customer wants. This typically includes:
- Product Guides
- Set up an FTP account. Each account should be specific to a vendor/client. If the vendor can provide an FTP account, that is preferred. Otherwise Yellow Dog Software can provide an account. The following information is needed by YDI:
- FTP address.
- Folder(s) where data is stored.
- The vendor should begin publishing data as soon as possible. This allows YDI to pull in item/invoice data before the "go live" date.
- Configure and schedule the sync on the YDI server.