Yellow Dog Inventory synchronizes data with Gilbarco. This document outlines requirements necessary to ensure a clean sync.
Yellow Dog Inventory will push all new item definitions into the POS as well as pull all sales and returns.
Yellow Dog Inventory syncs to the Gilbarco Passport POS once every hour. This is done by pushing the data file to the BOInbox shared folder and pulling transaction data from the shared folder BOOutbox.
Yellow Dog Requirements
The following information is necessary in order to fully configure Yellow Dog Inventory to interface with Gilbarco:
- A complete list of Revenue Center names and numbers that will contain retail inventory.
- A list of Merchandise Codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory.
- A list of Item Type Codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory.
- A list of Item Type SubCodes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory. This may be empty.
- A list of Payment System Product Codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory.
- A list of Tax Strategy IDs and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory.
Please provide this information to Yellow Dog Software.
Back Office Setup Requirements
A number of settings will need to be made to Gilbarco to ensure that Yellow Dog Inventory can sync with it. Until this setup is complete, Yellow Dog Inventory absolutely cannot sync with Gilbarco.
In the Management Interface, navigate to Set Up --> Store --> Back Office Interface -->XMLGateway Polling Options tab.
- Interface Format must be NACS XML v3.3.
- Enable XMLGateway File Polling must be checked.
- Fill in Backoffice User Name (might be BackOffice).
- Fill in Backoffice Password (might be BackOffice).
- Fill in Directory Path to Pull XML Files From (might beC:\Passport\XMLGateway\BOInbox).
- Fill in Directory Path to Push XML Files To (might beC:\Passport\XMLGateway\BOOutbox).
The BOInbox and BOOutbox folders must be shared and accessible by the Yellow Dog Inventory application server or an intermediate computer where we can install our Sync application.
While we are not aware of any license and/or labor fees required by Gilbarco, please contact your Gilbarco Representative to confirm this information.