SMS Retail Interface
Yellow Dog Inventory synchronizes data with PAR Springer-Miller. This document outlines requirements necessary to ensure a clean sync.
Multiple times a day Yellow Dog Inventory will push all new item definitions into the POS as well as pull all sales and returns.
Yellow Dog Inventory Requirements
The following information is necessary in order to fully configure Yellow Dog Inventory to interface with PAR Springer-Miller:
- A complete list of revenue center names and numbers that will contain retail inventory. Remember, one Store in Yellow Dog Inventory can be synced with one Revenue Center in Springer-Miller.
- A list of Menu codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory. Please indicate which Revenue Centers these are related to if not apparent.
- A list of Tax Type codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory.
- A list of Discount Type codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory. If not told otherwise we will use ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.
- A list of Department codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory. Optional.
- A list of Transaction codes and descriptions that will be needed by Yellow Dog Inventory.
- A list of any Comp Plan codes that might be used. This is optional.
Please provide this information to Yellow Dog Software.
Back Office Setup Requirements
SMS Retail will need to be configured to produce detailed sales export files (Sales Maximum Detail Export ).
The Springer Miller Retail Interface will need to be setup and configured by Springer Miller. By default, the sync is scheduled to run once every evening. However, there is an executable file (.exe) located on the POS server that kicks off the sync and can be set to run as often as needed via Scheduled Task. This can be setup by a Yellow Dog technician or IT with access to the POS server.
While we do not need access to the POS Configurator, we will need access to the shared folder on the POS server. This is usually \\POSSERVER\SMSHOST\POS\POSINV\.
SMS only generates sales data once a day by default. This can be changed in Springer Miller, but if it is on the default setting sales data will only be accurate for the previous day.
Make sure to find and designate an unused range for starting numbers. Springer Miller will not note what numbers are used, so overwriting is a real danger in this situation. It is very important to find a vacant range for PLUs.
Springer Miller does not provide employee information on transactions to Yellow Dog. Reports in Yellow Dog cannot show transaction data per employee for this reason. This is a SMS limitation, not a Yellow Dog error.
NOTE: Yellow Dog Software requires no additional fees to use this interface. However, the customer will need to purchase the Retail Interface from Springer Miller and will incur labor costs as well. Please contact your Springer Miller sales representative for pricing.