EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) can allow Yellow Dog Inventory to automatically communicate with third-party systems via text files with the transfer method being FTP. For our purposes, EDI file formats can include X12, CSV, A2A or any custom layout.
We build a new "sync" for each EDI vendor. This is typically referred to as SyncYdiWithVendor internally. Creating a sync for a new vendor requires a development effort by Yellow Dog Software.
*At this time, Yellow Dog EDI development supports Invoices and Product Guides
Steps for Building a New EDI Sync
1. EDI Specialist will work with the customer to determine if EDI is required.
2. The implementation manager will facilitate a call between the customer and the vendor to determine requirements.
3. A transport (such as FTP) will be agreed upon.
4. The vendor will provide file specifications.
5. The vendor will provide sample data or (ideally) immediately begin publishing the customer's documents.
6. Yellow Dog Software will build a new sync and pull the data into Yellow Dog Inventory.
7. The customer will review.
Setting up EDI for existing Vendors
The list of current vendors that Yellow Dog has for existing syncs are found at https://help.yellowdogsoftware.com/current-vendor-edis/
Steps for configuring an existing EDI setup
1. Determine document types the customer wants(Invoices/Product Guides)
2. Vendor Account Representative needs to place a Work Order to have the EDI feed set up.
3. It needs to be established if the FTP will be setup by Yellow Dog or the Vendor. FTP address and login credentials will be required.
As soon as the EDI feed is set up by the Vendor, it needs to start producing live files for the customer.